Classic Style Personality is characterized by an effortless yet elegant look. The pieces you choose are simple and uncluttered yet they are chic and have a timeless quality to them. Classics often find dressing down difficult as they like tailoring and coordinated items over casual styles.
So, how do you know if you have a Classic style personality?
you prefer quality over quantity
You like simple styles that don’t date
You choose neutrals or softer blended shades over patterns or brighter colours
You are always well-groomed
You need your clothes to always be situation appropriate or else you feel uncomfortable
You look elegant in simple styles that would make others look boring
You often choose to dress monochromatically.
Take a look at my PinterestClassic Style Personality page.
Today is International women’s day and sadly women all over the world are still victims of gender based violence and discrimination. As well as these horrifying situations, we are not equals and it is not surprising when we have it drilled into us from a young age that we need to be the caretaker of everyone and put ourselves on the back burner. As a result we end up neglecting ourselves mentally and physically and thus we place ourselves on a lower rank of worthiness.
Self care is by far the most important thing you can do for yourself and your family. When you spend time nurturing yourself both in a physical way and emotionally you will feel better about yourself but you will also be happier, have more energy and feel more positive when you do spend time on others.
You will not only end up feeling better about yourself but you will also break a pattern of self neglect that generations of women have endured. Your daughters will grow up seeing the care and respect you give yourself and they will follow on by treating themselves in the same way. Your sons will see how a woman should care for herself and how he in turn should respect her.
As a woman we all have a responsibility to keep pushing for gender equality and that does have to start with ourselves, self care, self respect and self love. Today take a few minutes to spend on yourself with one if these 5 ways to self love on international women’s day.
1. Say No- this is really hard when your used to doing everything for everyone but if you can’t master this step you will never find the time to spend on yourself. Think of yourself as a cup containing energy, each time you do things for others your energy is depleted. In order to keep your cup full you have to say no sometimes. If you feel doing something will deplete your energy say no.
2. Groom yourself- taking time to care for your body, whether its by washing your hair or even getting a pedicure are things you do for yourself that are small ways of caring for your body but they send a loud message to the world. When you are well groomed the world sees a woman who cares and respects herself and they will do likewise.
3. Nice clothes- nice clothes don’t mean you have to spend a fortune. Choose styles that suit you, keep them clean and well cared for and choose things that you feel represent your personality. Its a great way to be creative. Taking time to care for your clothes is essentially an extension of grooming yourself, you’ll look well and the world will treat you well.
4. Stop and smell the roses – taking time out is not only a way to boost your energy but it also a great way to spend a little time doing something you love. You’ll end up with a smile on your face and a spring in your step.
5. Praise yourself- this has to be the hardest. When you have done something you are proud of it can be normal to look to others for praise but try speaking words of praise to yourself and don’t wait for others.
Gamine Style Personality is usually found in women who have a neat or diminutive frame, though this is not always the case. Gamines like clothes but not anything fussy instead choosing slim fitting styles. Gamine personalities enjoy expressing their lively natures through their clothing, choosing colour over neutral or sombre shades and using accessories.
So, how do you know if you have a Gamine clothing style?
you like to use colour
you enjoy styles that have a sporty feel
you enjoy fabrics that have a crisp medium weight feel to them.
You prefer a natural approach to make-up and hair but you do spend time on grooming.
You enjoy accessories and often choose funky or quirky pieces paired with simpler outfits as a way of expressing your energetic and fun nature.
Your style tends to be casual but still smart.
Smaller patterns work well with your small frame.
Take a look at my PinterestGamine Style Personality page.
Very often when I tell people what I do for a living they need me to explain. They immediately think I’m a stylist that works with the famous and the wealthy, which I am not. So, today for any of you who might not know I’ve listed what I think are the top 5 reasons to hire an image consultant.
1. An image consultant will not only identify what your body shape is but will also work out what your individual body proportions are. This is tailored to you and will result in you being able to buy clothes that highlight your body shape in the best possible way.
2. Knowing your colouring may not seem so important but it really affects how you appear not only to the world but to yourself.Would you rather look in the mirror everyday to see yourself looking tired, with dull hair skin and eyes or would you rather look in the mirror and see vitality looking back at you. If you spend money on anti-wrinkle cream and you wear the wrong colours it is the same as putting the money down the toilet.
3. Will assist you with dressing for particular roles, whether your a CEO or a stay at home mum an image consultant will help you to tailor your wardrobe to your lifestyle and will also be able to advise you on colours that will benefit you in your role.
4. Finding your own sense of style. As women get older they often tend to follow fashion less and they realise they never really figured out what their own style is. An image consultation will help you discover your wardrobe personality and brands that match your inner style.
5. You will save money. The money you spend on a consultation is actually an investment in yourself. Once you have a consultation you will no longer buy things that don’t suit you, you will have no reason to waste money on unnecessary styles and the majority of your wardrobe will work together so you will in fact need to buy less clothes.
Full chested women can often look top heavy if they don’t balance their clothing and their bust line correctly. This is done by drawing the eye away from the chest area and avoiding excess bulk in that area. Today I’m going to take a look at balancing a large bust with accessories.
1. Draw attention up and away from your bust by placing a brooch or a corsage above your chest.
2. Don’t wear long necklaces that run onto your bust or dangle on it, instead choose those that finish closer to your neck.
3. Avoid wide belts as they make your waist appear shorter and then your bust will look even bigger. Instead choose a slim belt.
4. Instead of necklace choose a pair of statement earrings that will draw attention up from you chest.